Understanding Psychiatric Emergency:-
Firstly, A psychiatric emergency is a situation in which a psychiatrist needs immediate attention from a psychiatrist where the patient needs immediate Psychiatric Emergency Ambulance Services. So, The patient could be exhibiting severe psychiatric symptoms that may even require hospitalization. In such a situation, a psychiatrist is brought to the patient to assess the situation.
Psychiatric emergencies can be classified as major when there is a danger to the patient’s life or to others in his/her environment or a threat to the life of a minor.
Examples Of Psychiatric Emergencies Are:-
- Suicide attempt.
-A patient feeling suicidal or attempting suicide.
- Agitated and violent patients.
-There is a various psychiatric disorder associated with violent behaviour. Thus, It could be mania or schizophrenia, etc.
- Delirium due to life-threatening conditions.
-It is an acutely disturbed state of mind characterized by restlessness, illusions, and incoherence.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
-Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) is a life-threatening idiosyncratic reaction to antipsychotic drugs that are characterized by altered mental status, fever, muscle rigidity, and autonomic dysfunction.
- Serotonin syndrome.
– Serotonin syndrome is the condition of too much serotonin that causes mild to severe (shivering and diarrhoea, muscle rigidity, fever, and seizures).
- Over dosages of drugs and withdrawal from addicting substances.
-Here, the patient can exhibit several agitated attitudes towards anyone around him where it could be life-threatening not just for him but for everyone around him.
How does a psychiatrist help in a medical emergency involving psychiatric patients?
So, A psychiatrist, after arriving will assess the situation and examine the patient. After that, the psychiatrist will diagnose the condition of the patient and see if it can be treated at the patient’s home or need to be taken to a hospital.
Thus, If the condition is too severe, the patient may be taken to a hospital using a Psychiatrist Emergency Ambulance Services. Similarly, A psychiatrist may administer life-saving drugs to the patient if required or help minimize the symptoms.
What are the reasons for psychiatric emergencies?
There are various reasons for psychiatric emergencies. However, It is a situation that requires the assistance of a psychiatrist. Some example causes of psychiatric emergency are as follows-
- Prior suicide attempts.
- The patient has a history of suicide attempts.
- Alcohol and drug dependency-
- The patient is completely dependent on drugs and alcohol.
- The loss of important persons in the patient’s life.
- The patient is grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Long depressive episodes.
- The patient is suffering from long depressive episodes.
- Prior psychiatric treatment.
- The patient has a history of psychiatric treatment.
- Physical illness.
- The patient is suffering from certain physical illnesses.
- Unemployment or retirement.
- The person is suddenly unemployed or has recently retired.
- Rejection of offers of help.
- The patient is rejecting any form of help from others.
Why Almas Gives Psychiatric Emergency Ambulance Services?:-
Psychiatric patients may pose various challenges to the treating doctors, friends, families and anyone around them. Psychotic symptoms such as Aggression, agitation, confusion, violence, suicide, non-adherence are situations that require interventions of a medical practitioner.
Most of the time, patients have to refuse care due to a lack of trust and understanding of one’s own situation. Therefore, family members have immensely struggled to convince patients to visit hospitals. Lack of understanding and knowledge of mental illness among general practitioners compounds the whole problem.
In addition, the result of such events can be dangerous and disastrous to all the parties involved. During such times, there is a need for psychiatric ambulance services.
The many advantages of such services are-
- Drastically Improves treatment access,
- It has the capability to avert a crisis or decrease its severity,
- Helps in the reduction of the family burden,
- It helps in reducing the criminalization of the mentally ill and
- One of the most highly cost-effective.
Almas Ambulance in psychiatric emergencies:-
Almas ambulance provides ambulance for patients suffering from any kind of psychiatric problem. Thus, it provides immediate assistance in helping patients move to a clinic or hospital if required. They have a highly professional team of doctors, paramedics & nursing staff, which are very well trained to attend to any type of psychiatric emergencies.
Their Ambulances are equipped with necessary medical equipment to help patients during their transport to hospitals. Their ambulance comes with highly trained medical professionals to help psychiatric patients in any situation.
At Almas, we assure you-
- Best Medical Team: The industry leader in air ambulance transportation. We provide domestic and international air ambulance flights, medical repatriation flights.
- Best Medical equipment: Almas offers best in class equipment that is already equipped in the ambulance for the support of patients. So, We assure you are in good hands.
- Safety and experience: Almas has been the leader in the air ambulance service industry for more than 10 years. Therefore, Our critical care flight nurses and flight medics are.
How To Contact For Almas Psychiatric Emergency Ambulance Services? :-
Our Psychiatric Emergency Ambulance Services is available around a clock in all cities and also in many major countries. Because, Your Life Matters To Us!
Our Emergency Helpline Number is 9999168707 & For More Enquiry & Contact Check Here.